Saturday, June 16, 2012

Regression

It's been a rough couple of days.  I was plugging along, keeping things going, trying to get plugged in to our new community. It's hard.  I've been in a funk, feeling pretty sorry for myself, and generally feeling down about the prospects of feeling at home anytime soon.

The thing with being a parent is that--while self-care is always important--you can't really mope about for long before you start to upset the little people.  So I really needed to snap out of it, and for that there are a few remedies available to me: (a) a few glasses of wine (b) some cheetos and a root beer or (c) getting outside.  Thankfully, I opted for the healthier choice and we headed out on an excursion north.

I never grew up right by the ocean, but I feel its allure.  Even on a gray, blustery day, it was invigorating to be on the beach.  A healthy reminder that all things come and go, and we are but specks on this awesome earth.





No comments:

Post a Comment