Monday, August 13, 2012






The Olympics are one of the few televised programs I watch, so there has been an uncharacteristic amount of tv in our house recently.  It's always a bit of a shock to watch, as everything on television seems louder and faster than in real life; I find myself needing to look away at times.

The greatest surprise of all this year was to see back-to-school commercials being streamed now, this second week of August.  Advertisements for fall clothes, for school supplies, all of the things that keep us hurtling towards the future that isn't yet here. As much as I love fall, I'm not ready yet.  The trees are still green, the sun is still powerful, and I can still hear the kids next door playing on their stoop. It isn't time yet! We can still hang on to these hot summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment