Wednesday, August 1, 2012

She's two

The most momentous thing that happened recently was that our girl turned two. Two! It's too crazy to be believed.  On one hand I can relate to the cliche about the years going by so fast; on the other, it definitely feels like she's been the center of our world for two years.  New motherhood did not come easily to me, and I think back to the first few months with a mixture of longing and compassion and regret.  I hardly remember what life was like before she was here.  We are so lucky to be parents to our healthy, happy, beautiful baby girl.

My parents drove up to spend the weekend with us, which was so kind of them.  There was ice-cream cake, and singing of "Happy Birthday," and a few gifts sent to us by people who have loved our daughter since the day she was born.  It was the perfect birthday party, and I hope that the next will be even better.





No comments:

Post a Comment