Monday, June 11, 2012

Hallowed ground

After our strawberry fest on Saturday we were ready for a more urban experience on Sunday morning.  We woke up early and headed across the river to check out the oldest university in the country.  I hadn't been to Cambridge in years, since I visited with my dad in the 90s, but it looked just as I remembered it.  The campus was, of course, pretty deserted on a summer Sunday morning, but that made it perfect for wandering with a toddler.

It feels like we're settling into a groove here. The days are sometimes long and still a bit hard, and when I talk to friends from home, I still very much feel the pangs of homesickness.  It still feels as though we are on extended vacation here, as though we'll soon be packing up our stuff and going back for another Midwestern summer.  It is so hard for me to come to terms with the fact that we won't be.

So, in the meantime, I continue to forge ahead on this Boston Acclimation Project.  Suggestions on what to check out are always welcome!



1 comment:

  1. We left before the grand opening of the curious George store in Cambridge and I love the ica - even with kids. It's dark and cool and there's something new and freaky around every corner. I get so tired of kid-focused museums and sometimes I think they should find something interesting in what I like instead of vice versa. Hope things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete